I'll begin by saying IT'S FRIIIIIDAY!
I'll be the first to tell you how happy I am that today is Friday. I'm pretty much yip-yip-hurray-ing at this very moment. This has been one crazy long, hectic week. But, instead of venting and burdening all of you with my troubles I'm happy to say I'm leaving them behind and moving forward. It's almost the weekend which means no work and all play makes me a happy gal. Even better, we have some fun things planned for this weekend which I'm quite excited about. More on that later gator.
Last night my momma and I went to see The Wizard of Oz in 3D in honor of it's 75th anniversary. Let me start off by saying that we love The Wizard of Oz (and the Great & Powerful Oz) therefore when we heard it was going to be on the big screen for the anniversary we were clearly game. We ended up making a date out of it by going to Applebee's for dinner and then to the movies. I just love quality time with my momma. And by golly let me tell you how awesome the 3D version was! We absolutely loved it!
A few examples as to why the 3D version is bad ass is...
- You can clearly see that the Scarecrows face is made of burlap. Did you know that? Me either. Because on the original formatted movie it's not that defined, I had no idea his face had burlap on it, I thought it was just painted. But in 3D you can see the burlap plain and clear.
- You can see every single bit of rust on the Tin Man.
- I had no idea how much makeup Dorothy was wearing in the movie until last night.
- The Lion's curls were so defined and just perfect.
- The props and outfits that were made for this production were just incredible. I hadn't thought about all of the munchkins outfits, makeup and props until I seen just how much effort was put into their costumes.
- Toto was precious & was a seriously well trained dog.
Overall it was an excellent experience. The 3D part was just BAM!, in your face kind of good and my mom and I enjoyed it a lot. We also thoroughly enjoyed the cotton candy that we just had to have. Now March needs to get here in a hurry so we can go see Wicked! Which I've been dyyyyying to see for years now!
|Photo fail. Oh well. We tried.|
Also, I just wanted to spread the word about this awesome-ness to all of you momma's out there that have children that love Toy Story, we'll definitely be tuning in for this premiere on ABC on October 16th. It will be DVR'd and watch a trillion times, I can already foresee out future. I'm excited, I don't know who wouldn't be excited for Toy Story + Halloween. Win, win in my book.